The Agency oversees departments, boards, and panels (the Agency members) that operate numerous and complex programs throughout California. These entities have a combined budget of $21 billion and approximately 13,500 employees. Persons having questions, comments, or business with the Agency members are encouraged to contact them directly.
Worker’s Rights/ Workplace Information
- For information on making a wage and hour claim, employer/employee rights and general labor law questions, contact a Deputy Labor Commissioner at one of the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement local offices
- For local offices and consultation service for employers with issues related to health and safety in the workplace, contact Cal/OSHA Consultation Service area offices
- Contact your local California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (CUIAB) for information regarding cases concerning claims for unemployment and disability benefits
- For information about safety in the workplace including heat illness, contact the Division of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH)
- For a telephone listing for general information on the state disability insurance program and information on filing a claim, contact Disability insurance
- For information and county-by-county listings of all employment tax offices, including location, telephone and fax numbers for all employers and agents, please contact the Employment tax branch.
- For a telephone listing for general unemployment insurance benefit information, information on filing a claim and benefit checks, please contact the Unemployment benefits office.
- For information about workplace injuries, contact a Workers' compensation local offices Workers' Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB) Offices and ancillary
- For information regarding agricultural worker’s rights, contact the Agricultural Labor Relations Board (ALRB)
- For office locations, telephone listing and fax numbers for job seekers and employers, contact the Workforce Services Offices
- To find a job or list a job opening: CalJOBSSM
- For information on apprenticeship opportunities, contact your local Division of Apprenticeship Standards office.
- For programs and services designed for youth or of interest to youth, see Youth employment.
- For information regarding the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 or for workforce development in your area, contact the California Workforce Investment Board
- For information and county-by-county listings of all California one-stop career centers and access points including addresses, phone numbers and hours of operation, contact a One-stop career centers’ local offices
General Information and Statistics
- For information about prevailing wage, contact the Division of Labor Statistics and Research at (415) 703-4774
- To contact local labor market consultants throughout California, contact the Labor market information division.
Comments concerning the Agency web site, individual staff, or other Agency-level business can be directed to the address or telephone numbers on the bottom of this page. E-mail is also welcome; however, for security and privacy reasons confidential information such as Social Security number of employer identification number should not be included.
California Labor & Workforce Development Agency
800 Capitol Mall, MIC-55
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Agricultural Labor Relations Board
- California Employment Development Department
- California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board
- California Workforce Investment Board
- Department of Industrial Relations/ Labor Commissioner
- Employment Training Panel