The State of California Labor & Workforce Development Agency (LWDA) is an executive branch Agency, and the Secretary is a member of the Governor’s Cabinet. The Secretary oversees seven major departments, boards and panels that serve California businesses and workers. The Agency has a cumulative budget of $14.7 billion and approximately 11,700 employees.
Worker’s Rights / Workplace Information
- For information on making a wage and hour claim, employer/employee rights and general labor law questions, contact a Deputy Labor Commissioner at one of the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement local offices. You can also refer to the Department of Industrial Relations Contact page or call 1-844-LABOR-DIR (1-844-522-6734) if you have a work-related issue and can’t find the appropriate contact, to get help directing your call.
- For local offices and consultation service for employers with issues related to health and safety in the workplace, contact Cal/OSHA Consultation Service area offices.
- Contact your local California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (CUIAB) for information regarding cases concerning claims for unemployment and disability benefits.
- For information about safety in the workplace including heat illness, contact the Division of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH).
- For a telephone listing for general information on the state disability insurance program and information on filing a claim, contact Disability insurance.
- For information and county-by-county listings of all employment tax offices, including location, telephone and fax numbers for all employers and agents, please contact the Employment tax branch.
- For a telephone listing for general unemployment insurance benefit information, information on filing a claim and benefit checks, please contact the Unemployment benefits office.
- For information about workplace injuries, contact a Workers’ compensation local offices Workers' Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB) Offices and ancillary.
- For information regarding agricultural worker’s rights, contact the Agricultural Labor Relations Board (ALRB).
- For office locations, telephone listing and fax numbers for job seekers and employers, contact the Workforce Services Offices .
- To find a job or list a job opening: CalJOBSSM.
- For information on apprenticeship opportunities, contact your local Division of Apprenticeship Standards office.
- For programs and services designed for youth or of interest to youth, see Youth employment.
- For information regarding the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 or for workforce development in your area, contact the California Workforce Development Board.
- Find an America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM location (formerly known as One-Stop Career Centers) near you for employment related resources and services.
General Information and Statistics
- For information about prevailing wages, contact the Office of Policy, Research, and Legislation at (415) 703-4774.
- To contact local labor market consultants throughout California, contact the Labor market information division.
- To ensure timely processing, please direct all notices and correspondences pursuant to the Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act (Labor Code 2698 et seq.) to the following address:
Attn. PAGA Administrator
1515 Clay Street, Ste. 801
Oakland, CA 94612
Comments concerning the Agency web site, individual staff, or other Agency-level business can be directed to the address or telephone numbers on the bottom of this page. E-mail is also welcome; however, for security and privacy reasons confidential information such as Social Security number of employer identification number should not be included.
California Labor & Workforce Development Agency
800 Capitol Mall, MIC-55
Sacramento, CA 95814